Call us toll-free today at (888) 470-3968 to make a reservation!
- Cahokia Mounds — The remains of the most sophisticated prehistoric native civilization north of Mexico are preserved at Cahokia Mounds State Historic and World Heritage Site (pictured above).
- National Road — Commissioned by the Federal Government and started in 1811, it is the oldest national road. It was built of gravel and originated in Cumberland, Maryland. The road ended in Vandalia, Illinois, only 5 miles from the campground.
- National Road Interpretive Center — The Road That Built the Nation
- Vandalia State House — The place where Abraham Lincoln started as a delegate.
- Fayette County Speedway — Auto races every Friday night April to October. Special races on holidays with bigger payouts
- Kaskaskia River — Also known as the "Okaw", there were flat boats running supplies to New Orleans in the early 1800s.
- St. Louis Mississippi River — Casino boats and the St. Louis Arch
- Mid-State Campers — (618) 283-4296
- Local Restaurants