Call us toll-free today at (888) 470-3968 to make a reservation!
Points of Interest
- Cahokia Mounds — The remains of the most sophisticated prehistoric native civilization north of Mexico are preserved at Cahokia Mounds State Historic and World Heritage Site (pictured above).
- National Road — Commissioned by the Federal Government and started in 1811, it is the oldest national road. It was built of gravel and originated in Cumberland, Maryland. The road ended in Vandalia, Illinois, only 5 miles from the campground.
- National Road Interpretive Center — The Road That Built the Nation
- Lincoln Park — Across from the Old State Capitol. The park includes a water fountain, gazebo, a life-sized bronze statue of Abraham Lincoln, and 1 of 10 Lincoln wayside exhibits.
- Fayette County Speedway — Auto races every Saturday night. Special races on holidays with bigger payouts.
- Kaskaskia River — Also known as the "Okaw", there were flat boats running supplies to New Orleans in the early 1800s.
- St. Louis Mississippi River — Casino boats and the St. Louis Arch
- Mark's Cafe — Brownstown
- Blind Society — Vandalia, 618-283-7272
- The Chuckwagon Cafe — Vandalia, 618-283-2220 exit 63
- Denny's — Vandalia, exit 61
- El Rancho Nuevo — Vandalia, exit 63
- China Gate — Vandalia, exit 63
Local RV Dealers
- Mid-State Campers — (618) 283-4296